Women Kurti are most versatile dresses. You can wear them casually or on occasions. You can wear them traditionally or give them a western touch. You can wear a kurti as you like it. There are abundant of styles and designs available in market. Best thing is you can also shop for women kurti online. But before you buy a kurti, keep these things in mind-
1) Kurtis come in variety of fabrics. They range from cotton to brocade, from chiffon to Georgette and what not. Always pick a fabric that suits you and your body type and in which you feel completely comfortable. Also make sure the fabric is according to the weather you will be wearing it in.
2) Always keep in mind the occasion for wearing a kurti, if it is a casual or formal occasion, a business meeting or a marriage. Pick kurtis accordingly. For example for casual occasion you can wear a light worked short kurti with jeans and on business meeting you can opt for a simple cotton kurti with churidar or a linen kurti.
3) There are websites that give you options from branded kurtis to locally made ones of good quality at affordable prices. But before you buy them online do a research on credibility of the website and the manufacturer of the product you are buying.
4) Kurtis with typically Indianized and traditional looks are in trend these days. Make sure you don’t miss on them. There are embroideries, prints, paintings and extensive use of colours that makes them a gorgeous take away.
5) Don’t get flooded away with the look of the kurti and forget your budget. Be assured that there are as gorgeous looking kurtis surely available in your budget as well.
6) Don’t assume that kurtis from local markets that comes cheap are always of low quality. Sometimes there are wonderful dress designers that are educated from good places work on their own selling their art in local markets. Sometimes it is where you get most beautiful work at a price no one could guess.
7) Kurtis can be added with accessories and add ons. Palazos, salwars, leggings, jeans, long skirts etc can be worn with kurtis. You can accessorize yourself with long stoned necklace or long beaded necklace to accentuate the look. If your kurti is heavily embroidered on neck you need not wear a necklace, instead accompany it with heavy earrings only.
Kurtis never leave the fashion trend; they just change their style sometimes. So make sure you don’t throw away any because fashion moves in a circle.