You often get an idea about a person on how old he is by looking at his face. The skin is one of the most vital organs of the human body and as we age it is pretty normal to get wrinkles. A person who has spent lot of time in the sun, smoking too much would have plenty of them of sure. In short, the skin is composed of 3 layers
- The outermost layer which is visible to the human eye and is known as the epidermis
- Middle layer known as the dermis
- The innermost layer known as the subcutaneous.
So, when we are young, why do not we have wrinkles? The obvious answer to this question is that the skin does a great job of stretching and holding in moisture. The middle layer is known to possess an elastic quality, thanks to the fibers known as elastin that keeps the skin clear and young.
This is not a magic age like the 40’s where you will have wrinkles all of a sudden. Some people in the 20’s may have wrinkles around their eyes. For some people in the age bracket of the 50’s, there might hardly be wrinkle on them. No way denying the fact that everyone will have wrinkles, and it is part of the natural ageing process.
How to prevent wrinkles at an early age?
A series of steps can be undertaken to prevent wrinkles at an early age which are as follows
- Avoid spending too much time in the rays of the sun especially when the sun in its peak between the time of 12 to 3. Still if you are spending a considerable time out, a sunscreen lotion would be great. It is a wrong conception that the rays of the sun are at its peak in summer, the winter rays are too harmful as well. In this regard, a ladies winter coat would also be enough as it gives you warm and protects you from the rays of the sun as well.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid wrinkles. Experts recommend that drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water will be more than ideal
- Smoking is a strict no. It robs the skin of the precious moisture and causes early wrinkles. Are you aware of the fact that smokers have wrinkles around the mouth?
- Moisturize dry skin, especially during months when the air is drier.
So from all counts, if you take regular care of the skin, wrinkles can be avoided. One has to clean and maintain the skin in the best possible manner. In this regard, lot of skin care products is available in the market.